School Board Meeting Recap
The KISD Board of Trustees met for the regular monthly meeting on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in the KISD Media Center. The following is a brief recap of the items discussed.
- Judy Castleberry – KHS Paraprofessional for her 24 years of service in Kennedale ISD.
- Camden Vickers and Family – R.F. Patterson Elementary student and family who generously donated $5,380.90 to help fund the playground renovation at Patterson Elementary.
- TASB Business Recognition – Kennedale Rotary Club and Kennedale Chamber of Commerce
- TASB School Board Appreciation
- A motion unanimously was made for the hiring of Mike Holguin, Director of Safety and Security as well as the hiring of an addition of an Assistant Principal at the Kennedale Junior High. Tammy Dwomo will be joining the administrative team at KJHS.
- Rick Rodgers of the firm James E. Rodgers and Company, PC presented on the financial audit completed for year ending August 31, 2019. For a glance at the audit performed please visit the Finance Page on the KISD website.
- An order was placed for the School Board Trustee Election being held on May 2, 2020. Place 6 and Place 7 are up for re-election.
- KHS CTE/CCMR Administrator, Amy Newcomer was approved to serve on the Texas Education Agency CTE Course Development Committee.
- An approval was made on the Memorandum of Understanding with UTA to perform a demographic study of the attendance zones that make up Kennedale ISD. The only change needed was to add the city of Arlington under Work Flow, 1, in the second bulleted item.
- Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Student Support Reported out on the district Texas Academic Performance Report.
- All items were approved with one motion.
- The principal’s at all five campuses reported out on all the great things happening on their campuses. Superintendent, Chad Gee also gave the board a report.
The Board of Trustees convened into closed session beginning at 8:10 p.m. per Texas Government Code 551.074. Closed session ended at 9:40 p.m.
The Board came back into Open Session at 9:41 p.m. and made a motion to extend the superintendent’s contract by one year.
- The next regular meeting of the KISD Board of Trustees is scheduled for Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
- A special meeting for a Team of Eight Training will be scheduled for a date in February.
- On March 19, 2020 the KISD Board of Trustees will have a Work Session for Goals.
- The District has requested that TASB come in to do a policy review, and the date scheduled is Thursday, May 28, 2020.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:52 p.m.