School Board Meeting Recap
The KISD Board of Trustees met for the regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the KISD Media Center. The following is a brief recap of the items discussed.
- All items in the consent agenda were approved with one motion.
- The board cast 24 votes for Gary Losada for appointment on the Tarrant County Board of Directors.
- Further review and discussion regarding Update 114 to consider specifically for the following LOCAL policies: CKE(LOCAL) and DH(LOCAL).
- Updates to the PA Systems at the high school and junior high field houses and cafeterias were approved.
- Principals highlighted events on their campuses in their board report.
- Katarina Lily, JV Cheer Coach approached the board regarding the bid that the Wildcat Cheer Team received to compete in Nationals in Orlando, Florida in February 2020. Fundraisers will be held to help cover the cost of expenses and parents will make up the difference if needed.
- The Kennedale Education Foundation awarded over $26,000 in grants to campuses on Friday, November 15th.
- Superintendent Chad Gee expressed his gratitude for the Veterans Day events held at the campuses in November.
- Mr. Gee along with Brian Franklin, KISD Director of Technology, reported that KHS CTE Teacher, Mr. Creasy, and his students are assisting the technology department with refreshing the network and equipment in the District.
- It was reported that the Performing Arts Center renovations are on schedule and will be ready for holiday performances coming up. The renovations approved by the board make the KISD PAC a state of the art facility that will be beneficial for years to come for many groups.
- The Lady Kat Volleyball team will be competing in the State Semi-final game on Thursday, November 21, 2019 at Curtis Culwell Center in Garland. The team made history, as this is the furthest the Lady Kats have gone in playoffs in volleyball.
- The school board is going to hold a Special Work Session at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 19th prior to the regular monthly meeting to see if it will be beneficial and productive each month.
- KISD School Board Member, Michael Strange presented on Shadowing Students which would give school board members and administrators an opportunity to live a day in the life of a student.
The next regular KISD School Board Meeting will be held on Thursday, December 19, 2019 in the KISD Media Center at 7:00 p.m.
The agenda can also be viewed on the district website by going to https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicHome.aspx?ak=220914.