Early Learning Center Partnership Opportunity in KISD
Attention Daycare Providers and Early Learning Centers:
We invite you to join us for a public meeting in Kennedale ISD at 5:00 p.m. on November 18, 2019 to discuss a prekindergarten partnership opportunity in KISD. Per the requirements of Senate Bill 3, public school districts must begin offering a full day prekindergarten program for qualifying students. To meet the demands of this legislation, districts may choose to partner with community-based early learning centers that meet the requirements outlined by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
Early learning centers interested in partnering with Kennedale ISD to provide a full day prekindergarten program during the 2020-2021 school year must meet at least one of the following requirements:
• Are a Teas Rising Star program provider with a three-star certification or higher;
• Are nationally accredited;
• Are a Head Start program provider;
• Are a Texas School Ready! Participant;
• Meet the requirements under Texas Education Code Section §29.1532, which must at a minimum comply with the applicable childcare licensing standards adopted by the Department of Protective and Regulatory Services under Section 42.042, Human Resources Code.
If your early learning center meets any of the above requirements and you are interested in learning more about this opportunity to partner with Kennedale ISD, please join us at 5:00 p.m. on November 18, 2019 at the address listed below:
Kennedale Independent School District
Staff Development Room
140 W. Kennedale Parkway
Kennedale, Texas 76060
If you have any questions prior to the public meeting, please contact Assistant Superintendent Curriculum and Student Service, Dr. Julie Vu, at 817-563-8087. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss this opportunity,