WILL FACE MASKS BE OPTIONAL OR REQUIRED FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR?
- Face masks are optional for any student or staff member.
MAY I VOLUNTEER AT MY CHILD’S CAMPUS?
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer and may do so for this coming school year by completing appropriate requirements.
WILL SOCIAL DISTANCING BE REQUIRED?
- Social distancing is encouraged, where applicable, but not required.
WILL LUNCHROOMS HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS?
- Campus lunchrooms will be operating under normal conditions.
WILL DESK SHIELDS BE REQUIRED IN CLASSROOMS AND LUNCHROOMS?
- No, the desk shields are no longer required.
WILL THE WATER FOUNTAINS BE AVAILABLE?
- Yes, our water fountains will be made available for students and staff.
HOW WILL THE CAMPUS MONITOR STUDENTS FOR COVID-19 SYMPTOMS?
- As with any illness, we encourage our parents to monitor their students for any illness related symptoms. We encourage all of our parents to receive medical attention as needed.
WILL SCHOOLS NOTIFY PARENTS IF INDIVIDUALS WITH TEST-CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19 HAVE BEEN IN SCHOOL?
- At this time, TEA has removed all notification requirements except for those listed in their public health guidance. Pending any updates, KISD will follow TEA guidance.
WILL THE DISTRICT OFFER A VIRTUAL OPTION FOR MY STUDENT?
- KISD’s virtual learning option will no longer be available for the 2021-22 school year.
WILL THERE CONTINUE TO BE CONTACT TRACING AND QUARANTINE REQUIREMENTS?
- At this time, Texas school districts are no longer required to contact trace or require quarantine per the Texas Education Agency.