State law requires children to be immunized against certain vaccine-preventable diseases to attend school in Texas. Getting your child vaccinated protects your child's health and that of the community. Students cannot attend school without the appropriate documentation for the required vaccines or a valid medical or conscientious exemption.
- Students coming from another Texas public or private school may be enrolled provisionally for no more than 30 days while awaiting the transfer of the immunization record.
- Students coming from another state or country can not be enrolled until a compliant vaccine record is received.
The following links outline the requirements in Texas and exclusions from compliance and Frequently Asked Questions. Please note that required vaccines and doses may vary in Texas from other states/countries.
- 2023-2024 | Required Pre-Kindergarten Immunizations | Spanish
- 2023-2024 | Required K-12 Immunizations | Spanish
- Immunization Exemptions
- FAQs | Immunization Requirements for School Admittance
For Vaccination Clinics Please Click Here