The district uses social media as an outlet to communicate with district audiences, as well as other individuals, and/or entities interested in our school district. We will update social media pages regularly to share information about student and staff achievements as well as other important district information. By engaging in social media we are able to facilitate open communication with the Kennedale ISD community.
Social Media Guidelines - Commenting on District Social Media Sites
We invite your feedback through our social media sites (Facebook and Twitter) through the commenting features. Social media pages are maintained by Kennedale ISD campus/central administration staff and are moderated during regular business/school hours. The district’s social media commenting guidelines will be used as a basis for monitoring comments.
The district’s social media sites are available for all visitors to add their comments to district posts. Please keep these comments relevant to the entry in question and consider that very long comments may put off fellow users.
All posting of comments are at the discretion of the editors. The intent of these guidelines is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to protect the privacy and rights of Kennedale ISD staff and students.
We welcome your comments and look forward to what you have to say. We ask that your comments comply with the following guidelines:
- Comments are not allowed that contain profanity, threatening or harsh words, vulgar language, or inappropriate language or content. Please use words that would be acceptable in a K-12 education setting.
- Comments are not allowed if they include specific allegations, a personal attack or accusations about a student, parent, employee, or community member.
- Comments are not allowed if they include private information about a student, parent, employee, or community member including directory information, disciplinary issues, personal issues, etc. or are considered likely to offend or provoke others.
- Comments are not allowed if they include offensive language that targets ethnic, religious, racial, social, gender, or other specific groups.
- Comments cannot serve electoral campaign purposes or political messages.
- To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as address, phone numbers, or email addresses in comments.
We reserve the right to remove any comment at any time, for any reason, and may block the user if deemed appropriate. All sites are monitored and inappropriate comments made by students could result in disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
Before posting comments on social media
THINK – Is it True? Is it Helpful? Is it Inspiring? Is it Necessary? Is it Kind?
We welcome your feedback. If you have a comment or wish to report an inappropriate comment, please email Tracy Williams, Public Relations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kennedale ISD is not responsible for the content on external websites linked to/from social media sites.
Kennedale ISD reserves the right to update these guidelines at any time.