Inclement Weather Guidelines
Kennedale ISD district staff understands that the decision made to open or close schools in bad weather has a significant effect on families. We also understand that our students are better served—both academically and socially—by being in school. But, as always, our top priority is the safety of our students and staff.
How do we make our decision?
Please understand that we decide to open or close schools in bad weather based on a careful analysis of all relevant factors, such as the following:
- weather forecast
- building, parking lot and road conditions
- accumulation of snow and/or ice
- precipitation, temperature and wind chill
- what surrounding school districts are doing
Who makes the decision?
Based on the above factors and recommendations from our transportation provider and district administrators, the Superintendent is responsible for the final decision.
How is the public notified?
- KENNEDALE ISD MOBILE APP AVAILABLE FOR IOS & GOOGLE PLAY
- KISD’S MASS NOTIFICATION (PHONE & EMAIL) SYSTEM - YOUR INFORMATION MUST BE UPDATED TO RECEIVE THESE ALERTS
- DISTRICT HOMEPAGE | kennedaleisd.net
- KISD FACEBOOK | facebook.com/KISDTX
- KISD TWITTER | twitter.com/KennedaleISD
When is the decision made?
Our goal is to make the decision no later than 5:30 A.M. so we can notify parents, staff and media outlets.
*No announcements will be made when schools are to remain open.