Inclement Weather Procedures
Kennedale ISD district staff understands that the decision to open or close schools in bad weather has a significant effect on families. We also understand that our students are better served—both academically and socially—by being in school. But, as always, our top priority is the safety of our students and staff.
How do we make our decisions?
Please understand that we decide to open or close schools in bad weather based on a careful analysis of all relevant factors, such as the following:
- weather forecast.
- building, parking lot, and road conditions.
- accumulation of snow and/or ice.
- precipitation, temperature, and wind chill.
- what surrounding school districts are doing.
Who makes the decision?
Based on the above factors and recommendations from our transportation provider and district administrators, the Superintendent is responsible for the final decision.
How is the public notified?
- Kennedale ISD mobile app available on IOS & GOOGLE PLAY
- KISD mass notifications sent via phone and email | please make sure your information is current
When is the decision made?
Our goal is to make the decision no later than 5:30 A.M. so we can notify parents, staff, and media outlets.
*No announcements will be made when schools are to remain open.