Requirements for Substitute Teachers
- Applicants must have at least 60 college hours from an accredited college or university and be able to submit an official transcript.
- Complete an online substitute teacher application.
- Provide all necessary documentation, paperwork and clear a mandated background check.
- If the completed application meets the needs of the district, you will be invited to attend Kennedale ISD Substitute New Hire Orientation.
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL NECESSARY STEPS INDICATED ABOVE TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION TO THE KISD SUBSTITUTE NEW HIRE ORIENTATION
- Copy of College Transcripts (minimum of 60 college hours)
- Copy of Teaching Certificate (if applicable)
Required State Fingerprinting Process
The 80th Legislative Session authorized Senate Bill 9 which expands the criminal history review by the State Board for Educators Certification (SBEC) to all public school employees including substitutes. Substitutes must complete the process prior to being hired at KISD. Substitutes must pay a fee of $47.50 for this process. These fees will not be reimbursed by the district. If you have had your fingerprints completed for another Texas School District, you should not have to repeat this process. However, if you have completed fingerprinting for other reasons (including childcare providers, handgun licenses, nursing, etc.) you will be required to have them registered again to meet the requirements outlined in Senate Bill 9.
If fingerprints are to be completed, we will contact you the week leading up to your scheduled orientation with the appropriate forms.
All substitutes are required to attend a Substitute New Hire Orientation. The orientation will be held onsite at the Kennedale ISD Administration Building and will take approximately 3 hours.